Friday, December 11, 2009

Sew a girls Jumper from the ModKid Frida pattern

Text Color

I used the ModKid Frida patte
rn by designer Patty Young to sew up a super easy girls jumper.


When made with a lightweight corduroy and the cap sleeves eliminated, it is hardly recognizable to the picture on the pattern cover.
This proves how versatile sewing can be!




This is an easy as pie pattern!

There are no buttons or zippers.

The cap sleeves (as shown on the pattern cover) are sewn without the need of gathering. (love that!)

There are only 3 main pattern pieces to make this top. (yoke, skirt, and sleeve)
Included in this Modkid Frida pattern is a cute little pocket for added detail.

Modkid Frida has TONS of personal design options for those of us who love mixing fabric prints!

  • Would I sew this again? Yes
  • Are the pattern directions easy to read & understand? Yes
  • Skill level required: beginner
  • Is the pattern sizing true to measurements? Yes. It is multi-sized and easy to select the proper size for the wearer. Small ( 2-3 T) Med (4-5 T) Large (6-7 child)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Sharefest Saturday at SITS!

    I came on the perfect day... I just got a sewing machine and it looks like I might be able to use the pattern above. :D

    I am hosting a giveaway today for a Hamilton Beach 3 cup chopper.... come on over.

    http://annonandon.blogspot.com/2009/12/hamilton-beach-3-cup-chopper-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I'm determined to get out my sewing machine and learn how to use it this winter...thanks for the inspiration!

    Happy SITS sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    I love your pattern reviews, and this looks so cute and i am sure my DD would love one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, and so different than the pattern. Fun isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

Let me feel the love! I Love comments!