You may remember Belle (aka "the Party dog") She'll do anything for a laugh or a piece of food. She's a little pissed at me for making her model a tie without paying her with kibble.
She even struck a pose! Am I cruel for not tossing her a treat?
Here it is! Something we can sew for our little and big men! The boys in our lives may not put on a tie very often, but during the holidays is the perfect time to kick things up a notch.
I came across Little Guy Ties pattern by designer Megan Miles and have been waiting to purchase holiday prints for sewing a few. Use Freezer paper for tracing.
Lay your lining fabric under the tie fabric and cut both at the same time.
Lightly press the shiny side of the freezer paper pattern to the fabric. Cut carefully and accurately.
Use the lightest weight fusible interfacing.
- Don't know how to tie a necktie? Link for directions here
- Then I will post step by step directions on how to tie a neck tie!
- Would I sew this pattern again? YES
- Does this pattern come with easy to understand directions ? YES
- Skills required Basic / beginner sewing skills. Must understand the grain line of fabric for cutting the pattern on the fabric bias.
- The most important part of this project is cutting out the pattern. Cut a straight line and sew a straight line.
Enter to Win the Little Guy Ties! sewing pattern by clicking here
- The pattern includes sizes for Baby boy , toddler, big brother and Daddy.......and maybe even a large DOG!