Thursday, May 21, 2009

Purses, Bags and Totes oh my!


This purse makes me smile. It makes me think of a front porch swing & a tall cold glass of sweet tea. Barbara made this purse with fabric from a curtain panel and tells me it is about 10 inches across. What a great way to recycle a curtain panel!

Speaking of recycled curtains....remember when Scarlett O'Hara tore down the emerald green draperies to fashion her Southern Belle style gown? I loved that scene in Gone With the Wind! Hey.....Scarlett was "Going Green" before "Going Green" was cool! Ok.......I'll stop rambling.

Here is another purse made by Barb. She used Amy Butler Daisy Chain fabrics for this one. The main body is Deco Rose -brown. She told me these are her first attempts at sewing purses and is still learning her way around the sewing machine. I'm looking forward to seeing what she creates when she learns how to sew! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Glenna!
    Your mention of Scarlett O'Hara reminded me of the Carol Burnett skit of the same scene, did you ever see it? I can remember my parents in total hysterics!
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you Glenna! I am honoured that you featured my purses!

    :-) Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Let me feel the love! I Love comments!